Medicor Research Inc. is a locally owned and operated clinical research company founded in 2005. Helping patients locally, to improve healthcare globally. Our company is supported by a staff with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and areas of expertise and maintains an atmosphere that is fast-paced, solution oriented, educational and supportive. Beyond clinical research, our culture and our community work are close to our hearts and can be further explored on our website www.medicorresearch.com or through our social media platforms.
Medicor Research is seeking a highly motivated and passionate person to join our research team. The successful candidate will play an active role in our busy and dynamic research group in the set-up, coordination, and day-to-day management of clinical trials in the following therapeutic areas including, but not limited to: dermatology, gastroenterology, nephrology, optometry, urology, obstetrics and gynecology, family medicine, vaccine development as well as some academic based trials.
Position Summary: Clinical Research Coordinators, under direction of Investigators/Physicians, manage clinical trials. They are responsible for the organization, patient recruitment, coordination, and overall integrity of a research project.
Tasks and Competencies:
- Ensure timely and successful execution of clinical trials
- Coordinate multiple trials simultaneously (volume dependent upon experience) at a variety of physician offices in and around Sudbury
- Serving as the primary contact for assigned studies
- Read, understand and clarify the clinical trial protocols
- Prepare for and attend internal and sponsor meetings
- Ensure all documents to be used for the study fulfill the requirements of GCP-ICH, the protocol, and Medicor policies and procedures
- Prepare and organize documents prior to first subject visit for each trial
- Ensure all study supplies/equipment have been received and are functioning and of sufficient quantity to begin the study
- Become proficient with procedures and equipment required per protocol
- Ensure training and competency of all study staff correlates with the delegation of tasks by the Principal Investigator (PI); and is maintained throughout the study
- Communicate to the study team as per internal processes
- Create and execute a subject recruitment plan
- Recruit subjects to target at a minimum
- Coordinate the study as per the most recent version of the approved protocol within GCP-ICH and Medicor policies and procedures.
- Prepare lab and diagnostic, adverse events, and study documents for PI review and signature in a timely manner.
- Manage data and data entry as per GCP-ICH, sponsor and Medicor guidelines
- Prepare for monitoring visits and allocate time to meet with the Monitor daily while they are on-site
- Make certain the study is audit ready at all times
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in science or related field. M.Sc. preferred.
- Job specific training provided under extensive internal training program (both theory and practical training)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Bring high level of professionalism, energy and passion
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits: available after 3 month probationary period
Status: full-time, permanent
Salary Range: $20 to $35 (hourly)
Reporting to: Clinical Team Manager
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to vehicle during business hours
- Vaccines (COVID and others)
- Beneficial – valid passport
Applicants should email their resume with a cover letter and the names of three references to the Clinical Team Manager, at [email protected]
Deadline for application – 01 DEC 2022